Looking for a mid-size car in Dallas that offers extras in terms of luxury, ergonomics, and performance? Consider the 2015 Toyota Avalon at Orr Toyota! There's a lot to know and love about the new Avalon. Here are five things we think you should be aware of regarding this 2015 Toyota:
1. U.S. News and World Report named the 2015 Toyota Avalon #1 among Affordable Large Cars. The publication applauded the Avalon for its luxurious interior, impressive engine, comfort and space for passengers, and superb handling capabilities.
2. The new Avalon goes above and beyond in terms of ergonomics and technology. It comes with standard dual zone air conditioning, standard Bluetooth, a standard rearview camera, a standard USB port, and a standard eight-speaker Entune audio system, which is paired with a 6.1-inch touchscreen. At higher trim levels, the Avalon's extras get even more impressive.
3. The Avalon's V6 engine is 3.5 liters and produces 268 horsepower. Its engine works well with the car's standard six-speed automatic transmission. Together, they allow the Avalon to feel like a force to be reckoned with on the road.
4. The Avalon gets up to 31 mpg on the highway. The Avalon Hybrid, which is also a popular option gets up to 40 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway and offers all of the cool ergonomic extras the traditional Avalon does. (Fuel economy ratings are based on EPA estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Mileage may vary).
5. The 2015 Avalon is offered in a special Touring Sport Edition, which is fully loaded with extras. Specifically, its interior is a striking black and blue color scheme. It has 18-inch wheels. And it offers HID headlights, paddle shifters, and more.
Ready to get the 2015 Toyota Avalon even better? Schedule a test drive at Orr Toyota!
There are a lot of 2015 compact car options in Dallas. Many of them are solid options. This presents a problem for potential car buyers. Luckily, Orr Toyota is at your side to help equip you with information. If you're looking at both the 2015 Toyota Corolla and the 2015 Nissan Sentra, here are nine Corolla advantages you should know about:
1. With whiplash injury lessening seats and daytime running lights, the 2015 Corolla has an edge over the 2015 Sentra in terms of protection.
2. Toyota offers complimentary scheduled maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles for Corolla owners. Sentra owners have to pay for all of their scheduled maintenance.
3. Motor Trend tested both the 2015 Corolla and the 2015 Sentra and determined the Corolla accelerated faster and more efficiently.
4. Motor Trend also tested both cars' braking abilities and determined that the Corolla stops shorter than the Sentra from 60 mph.
5. The 2015 Corolla comes with a maintenance reminder system to alert drivers of when they need to take their vehicles into a service center for scheduled maintenance. The 2015 Sentra doesn't offer this convenient feature.
6. According to Intellichoice, the Corolla retains up to 60.27% of its original value after five years, while the Sentra only retains up to 51.71%.
7. Intellichoice also estimates that five-year ownership costs for the Corolla are between $1513 and $3046 less than the Sentra.
8. Strategic Vision gives the Corolla an "above average" rating in terms of overall owner satisfaction. Strategic Vision rates the Sentra as "below average."
9. The Corolla outsold the Sentra by nearly two to one in the 2014 model year. It's expected that the 2015 Corolla will enjoy the same success.
Orr Toyota has a number of 2015 Toyota Corolla models in stock. Why not schedule a test drive?
Looking for a 2015 SUV that offers state-of-the-art technology, superb performance, and tons of long-term value? The 2015 Toyota Highlander fits the bill! If you're interested in the new Highlander, here are five things Orr Toyota in Dallas thinks you should know about this new SUV:
1. Kelley Blue Book named the 2015 Toyota Highlander the Best Buy in its class! Kelley Blue Book cited the Highlander's style, technology, and overall mechanics as reasons for its success in their Best Buy awards.
2. The Highlander's engine options offer quite a bit. Its 4-cylinder engine produces 185 horsepower, and its available V6 engine produces 270-hp. Both allow the Highlander to accelerate quickly and smoothly. Plus, the Highlander also offers a hybrid engine for the fuel-conscious and eco-conscious!
3. The new Toyota SUV's interior definitely doesn't miss the mark. It offers seating for up to eight people, extra cargo room, and an available moonroof as well as an available Blu-ray system for occupants in the second and third rows.
4. Technologically speaking, the 2015 Highlander is a champ. Bluetooth is standard. A backup camera is standard. Entune Audio with Intelligent Touch controls is standard. Plus, the Highlander boasts extras like available turn-by-turn navigation.
5. The 2015 Highlander makes your protection a priority. The IIHS gave the Highlander its highest distinction of "Top Safety Pick +." Additionally, the new Toyota SUV boasts an available blind spot monitoring system as well as an available lane departure warning system. These advanced safety systems take your protection to a whole other level.
Ready to learn more about your 2015 Highlander options in Dallas? Check out the models at Orr Toyota!
A few months ago, we reported about Toyota's success in the Consumer Reports reliability rankings. Now we're back with some more good news about the 2015 Toyota lineup's accolades! Consumer Reports recently released their best value lists, and three Toyota models made the cut! Toyota was the automaker with the most vehicles listed as best values!
Specifically, Toyota's Camry Hybrid was rated the best value vehicle overall and the best vehicle in the mid-size class. Plus, the Toyota Prius Four was rated the best value in the compact car class. And the Toyota Highlander XLE (V6) was rated the best value among midsized SUVs.
Other automakers did not fare nearly as well as Toyota. In fact, several Jeep and Mercedes models were ranked "worst" in their classes in terms of value.
In order to determine the vehicles with the best value, Consumer Reports considered consumer reliability surveys, road test scores, and the average cost per mile to own a vehicle during its first five years on the road. Toyota models tend to do well in all of these categories. So, it makes sense that Toyota models topped the charts this year in terms of value!
Interested in a vehicle that's truly worth the investment? Consider a Toyota! Not only do Toyota models rank highly in terms of reliability, they also impress in terms of the value they offer over the course of their first five years on the road, according to Consumer Reports!
Check out the award-winning 2015 Toyota lineup at Orr Toyota!
The 2015 model year has been a good one for the minivan class. 2015 minivans are tech-savvier, smarter, safer, and quicker on their feet than ever. If you're thinking about both the 2015 Toyota Sienna and the 2015 Nissan Quest, Orr Toyota in Dallas would like to assist you by presenting some of the Sienna's advantages. Here are ten of its perks:
1. The Sienna offers available all-wheel drive. The Quest doesn't.
2. The Sienna boasts safety extras like daytime running lights, an optional pre-collision warning system, and an optional cross-path warning system. The Quest doesn't.
3. The Sienna is an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Pick+. The Quest isn't.
4. Toyota pays for scheduled maintenance for the Sienna for 2 years and 25,000 miles. Nissan doesn't offer this to Quest owners.
5. The new Toyota minivan's battery is stronger than its Nissan competitor's: 582 amps vs. 550 amps.
6. The Sienna's V6 engine produces 266 horsepower. The Quest's only produces 260 horsepower.
7. According to Motor Trend, the Sienna accelerates faster to high speeds than the Quest.
8. The Sienna's larger tires, gas-charged shocks, and front and rear stabilizer bars all give it an edge when it comes to handling in comparison to the Quest.
9. The Sienna provides optional seating for 8 passengers. The Quest can only carry 7 passengers at the most.
10. All new Sienna models are wired to enable Bluetooth wireless connectivity. Only some Nissan Quest models are wired for Bluetooth.
Ready to test drive an all-star minivan? Schedule a test drive in a new Sienna at Orr Toyota!
Climate experts are predicting it's going to be an extra chilly this winter! Winter can be harder on your car than any other season. So, it’s a good idea to take a few steps around this time of year to prepare your car for winter. Orr Toyota in Dallas would like to offer the following four winter tips for your vehicle to save you some potential trouble in the long run:
1. Stock up on emergency essentials
Slick, icy roads and cold temperatures can put you at greater risk for car problems and unsafe driving conditions. It's even more imperative that you keep emergency essentials on hand in your car during the winter. Some essentials include a first aid kit, jumper cables, a big bottle of water, a bottle of engine oil, windshield wiper fluid, a flashlight, a tire pressure gauge, and all of the materials you'll need to change out a flat tire.
2. Check your windshield
Make sure you have plenty of wiper fluid, that your defrosting system is working, and that your windshield wiper blades are in good, working condition. Your driving can become seriously compromised with ice or water on your windshield that you can't properly get rid of.
3. Check your car's fluid levels
Your antifreeze levels are incredibly important in the winter. So, make sure you check them in addition to checking your engine fluid level as well as your transmission fluid level. If you need help with this, stop by our service center!
4. Make sure your battery's winter-ready
Your car's battery is more likely to have issues in the winter than any other mechanical part. So, make sure it's in good enough condition to last you through all the forthcoming cold fronts this winter. Definitely consider switching it out if you hear your vehicle hesitating when you turn the engine on. And, if you're not sure if your battery is almost on its way out, be sure to stop by our service center.
Do you think your Toyota needs some extra work before winter comes on in full force? Schedule a service appointment at Orr Toyota!
Orr Toyota is ready to spread some holiday cheer with some amazing new Toyota specials to help you save on a brand new Toyota! Right now, you can take advantage of some of our internet pricing specials on select new inventory as well as take advantage of lease specials on select 2014 models. Here are some of the key offers you should know about:
2014 Toyota Corolla Special: Lease a 2014 Corolla LE for $169 per month for 24 months with $999 due at signing! That's right! You can lease a new, 2014 Corolla for just $6 a day! This offer ends December 7, 2014.
2014 Toyota RAV4 Special: Lease a 2014 RAV4 LE for just $199 per month for 24 months! This amounts to just $7 a day! This offer ends December 7, 2014.
FJ Cruiser Internet Special: $33,370 for a 2014 FJ Cruiser! Take advantage of this special exclusively online!
Toyota Venza XLE Internet Special: $32,031 for a 2014 Venza XLE! Take advantage of this special exclusively online!
Qualified buyers will need to be approved for these specials before any paperwork is exchanged. Please fill out the applicable forms online to see if you're instantly pre-approved. We look forward to helping you get into a new Toyota for the holidays, and we're definitely excited to extend these specials to you!
Be sure to follow the link below to check out these specials and all of the specials we're currently running at Orr Toyota! And be sure to get in touch with us if you have any questions, or if you'd like to schedule a test drive!
If you've been keeping up with Toyota news, you may have heard of Toyota's new hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, which has been in the works for a while. Orr Toyota in Dallas is pumped to announce that Toyota recently revealed a good chunk of details about this new car, and they've even given it a name: the Mirai. The automaker officially unveiled the Mirai at the Los Angeles Auto Show a few days ago, and car reviewers have been abuzz about it since. Here are six things we think you should know about this new Toyota:
1. It will have a driving range of around 300 miles. This means you won't have to recharge the vehicle at hydrogen stations very often.
2. When it does need to be recharged, doing so will only take a few minutes. If you're worried about the availability of hydrogen stations, we don't think this will be a problem in the future. As these vehicles become more popular, the stations will likely start popping up everywhere.
3. It'll offer extras like adaptive cruise control, a heated steering wheel, power adjustable seats, and an LCD display.
4. To go from 0 to 60 mph, it'll take the new Mirai around 9 seconds, which is definitely pretty impressive.
5. Its 113-killowatt electric motor will be quiet and competent. Reviewers have noted how quiet the vehicle's motor is in comparison to other vehicles with similar motors.
6. Toyota will release the new Mirai in a few U.S. states next year. They'll slowly roll it out throughout the country as time goes on and more hydrogen fuel stations become available.
Are you excited about the Mirai? Do you think zero-emissions, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles will take off? We'll keep you posted as we learn more about the Mirai and other new additions to the Toyota family! In the mean time, we encourage you to browse our new inventory at Orr Toyota if you're looking for a new car!
Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious of the carbon footprints of cars, and they're focused on downsizing in a lot of ways to make their urban lifestyles simpler. So, we think 2015's going to be a great year for the subcompact car class, especially considering all of the top subcompact cars on the market. If you're mulling over your small car options, you're probably trying to decide between the 2015 Toyota Yaris, 2015 Chevrolet Spark, and a few others. Orr Toyota in Dallas would like to help out by giving you some information about how the 2015 Yaris beats one of its fiercest competitors, the 2015 Chevrolet Spark. Here are 8 advantages the new Yaris brings to the table:
1. Whiplash injury-lessening seats help prevent neck and spine injuries in the 2015 Yaris. The 2015 Spark doesn't come with a whiplash protection system.
2. The new Yaris performed better in National Highway Traffic Safety Administration front crash tests than the new Spark.
3. The Yaris's powerful 4-cylinder engine produces 106 hp and 103 lbs.-ft. of torque. The Spark's engine is weaker, only producing 84 hp and 83 lbs.-ft. of torque.
4. Motor Trend determined that the 2015 Yaris with manual transmission accelerates faster than the 2015 Spark with manual transmission. And Consumer Reports determined the 2015 Yaris with automatic transmission accelerates faster than the 2015 Spark with automatic transmission.
5. The new Yaris has a larger fuel tank than the new Spark (11.1 gallons vs. 9.2 gallons), which means it provides a longer range between fill-ups.
6. With a front stabilizer bar and variable-assist power steering, the Yaris handles better and more stably in some situations than the Spark, which doesn't have these features.
7. Bluetooth wireless connectivity is a standard Yaris feature. Only one trim level of the Chevrolet Spark, the Spark LT, offers this essential high-tech spec.
8. The Yaris is offered as both a 4-door hatchback and a 2-door coupe. The Spark doesn't come in a coupe body style.
Ready to take a 2015 Toyota Yaris for a test spin? Let us know at Orr Toyota!
Orr Toyota in Dallas is proud to announce that Toyota models fared quite well in this year's Consumer Reports reliability rankings. In fact, Consumer Reports named Toyota #2 of all brands in terms of reliability this year. The #1 reliability spot went to Lexus, Toyota's luxury brand. This is the eighth consecutive year that Toyota vehicles have received top ratings.
Consumer Reports reliability rankings are based on survey responses from U.S. car owners. Car owners rate their vehicles based on how many issues they've had with them and how reliable they've found them to be overall. The majority of the Toyota lineup was rated highly by consumers. Some of the models that received the highest ratings included: the Avalon, Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna, and Toyota Venza.
Overall, it's been a great week for Toyota. In addition to being recognized for being so reliable by Consumer Reports, the automaker also announced that, based on their current sales numbers for 2014, they're most likely going to be the world's bestselling car manufacturer this year!
Earlier this year, Kelley Blue Book recognized Toyota as the brand with the Best Resale Value. And IHS Automotive determined that 80% of Toyotas sold in the last 20 years are still on the road today.
All of Toyota's success over the past year is good news for you if you're looking for a new vehicle that's reliable and will retain its value. A Toyota is probably just what you're searching for! We hope you'll check out our available models at Orr Toyota!